Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The First of Many

After a whirlwind that was the last 4 days, Addie's first Christmas has now come to a end. Although not the best logistical Christmas I do believe Addison got to see all 59 family members. Amber and I were so excited for Addie's first Christmas, essentially because she will never have another and because it marked a milestone in the short life. In reflection of the past few days, it was so awesome to see how wonderful of a family we have. How everyone jumped thru hoops and did all they could to put a smile on her face and help Amber and I out. I do believe the most amusing part to me was whenever she made a noise watching how many people would jump up and want to take care of her....if only everyday we were so lucky! We were overcome with everyone generosity towards us and towards Addie. When I was a child, every Christmas, my parents would say how spoiled we were and that we got way too much. I never believed them. Now watching all the gifts that Addie received I see their point. However, I do not see things changing for quite some time.

To all the family reading this, THANK YOU. You mean so much to Amber and I and we are so lucky to have such a strong support team and Addison is so fortunate to have a family who wants to do as much as they can for her. I hope as parents Amber and I can instill in Addie how important family is and how blessed she is to have all these people in her life.

0 comments: