Friday, December 21, 2007

When Addie Smiles


I find myself spending more and more time falling all over myself and inventing new ways just to make Addison smile. It’s strange how a gesture as simple as a smile can make the entire world disappear. How for that brief instant you have no worries, no troubles, no concerns. There is no war, no disappointment, democrats are not in office and the Falcons are not in last place. The feeling I get as a father watching my daughter smile cannot be described in words. The warmth that comes over your heart when that face lights up feels like God patting you on the back and saying “good job”. When Addison was born, when I first laid eyes on her, I used the description, that like watching a pitcher fill up with water, I could feel my heart filling up with love. That get that exact feeling everyday when Addie smiles at me. To see Amber hold Addison is my verification that God loves me. I can’t believe that I have been given such a wonderful gift.

0 comments: